Thursday, August 07, 2008

When you know you're running well

I have a pair of 3s in the hole in a .25/.50 NL game on Bodog. There's a raise to $1.50, three times the big blind. I call because I'm way up for the session and I love calling with pocket pairs to see if I can hit my set. If I don't, it's easy to let go of the hand.
The flop comes 10,6,3 rainbow.
A third player in late position calls as well.
There's just about $7 in the pot.
I have about $100.
The raiser, who has $67, pauses for a long time - almost too long. His timer runs down.
He's been disconnected.
When his timer runs down again, putting him out of any action for the rest for this hand, I am disappointed. He was UTG, so I think he might have had an overpair to this board, and I might have stacked him.
I have bet more than ever lately instead of checking my monsters - one reason I'm running well, I think - but in this case I check. The third player checks behind me.
When the turn brings an Ace, I bet $4, thinking it might have hit the third player.
He folds.

Bodog flips up the third player's cards.
He had 10-10.
He won a tiny pot.
And I left the table one hand later with double my buy-in.




P.S. This is not a brag post, poker Gods, so no need to flip the doom switch on me. Nice try in that hand above though. I'd like to know which poker angel turned off his modem for a second.

1 comment:

Dave said...

F the poker gods. Brag away.