Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Five Golden Thoughts

The couch is my campground during these Summer Olympics. I've watched more TV in the last week than I normally do in the last month. It's like the NCAA tournament all over again.

1. So why am I so glued to watching sports like swimming and synchronized diving and beach volleyball (OK, maybe that last one is pretty obvious) when I could really care less at any other time of the year.

2. Does admiring the athletes on the men's gymnastics team mean I'm slightly gay? It's not the splits they do, it's the rings. Wow. But why do I get the idea they would still lose a bar fight?

3. Why does our gymnastics team look like 16-18-year-old girls and China's look like they're at recess?

4. How incredible is Michael Phelps, and why is he only famous every four years?

5. How much Olympics does it take to get the song to "Peep and the Big Wide World" out of my head (sadly, it's not enough yet).

4 comments:

StB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StB said...

Must correct. Watching synchronized diving makes you gay. It is the gayest competition ever shown on TV. Definately not a sport.

Unknown said...

Actually, I agree with you STB, which is why I was even more amazed that I was watching it.

Unknown said...

True Ballahs watch Equestian on MSNBC.

Word.