Sunday, March 16, 2008

March Gladness

I should feel really, really guilty right now.
I mean, the guy just became a father for I think the 13th time.
He has mouths to feed. Many mouths. Like 400.
That's a LOT of Mookie buy-ins.
Yet we all know how much I love my Kansas Jayhawks.
A few weeks ago, they lost in the last seconds to Texas in Hook 'Em Hell-ville, and a few minutes later I got a comment on my blog.
"Hook 'Em Horns!"
I yahooed the guy responsible and quickly offered a friendly bet.
Beat us again, I said, and I'll pay for your next Mookie.
Only you have to do the same.
He agreed, and Sunday, after one of the greatest games I have ever seen, I found a transfer for my next Mookie.
Hey, at least all the citizens of his third-world nation will be honest.
So I should feel really guilty right now taking the money from a new father.
But I don't.
Sorry, Mookie, but you DID start it.

P.S. Besides I have a toddler and twins.

2 comments:

mookie99 said...

Haha...great game, congrats!

Sadly the Horns are victim of my curse when it comes to wagers. I fully expect them to be upset in the first round.

BWoP said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

I <3 this time of year.

Well, were it not for the fact that 'Cuse didn't make it to the big dance again . . .