Friday, May 11, 2007

Are they here yet?

Despite the fact that we've/I:
• Played a wild afternoon cash game that saw a guy gather up 10xs the buy in and then lose half of it in one hand (I finished four buy-ins ahead)...
• Walked 500 miles and will walk 500 more...
• Played with Jayden in the sun and warm weather all day...
• Tried having...um...never mind.....
• Ate some spicy burritos.....
• Begged the doctor to strip her membranes (maybe next week, she said)....
• Tried to talk the girls into coming out....
• Invested $3 into a $1 rebuy blogger tourney Friday and donked out in two hands after an hour and a half of thrills and chills....
• Asked Kate if she's had a contraction every five minutes....
• Am going nuts here.....
• Are at 37 weeks.....


STILL NO BABIES.


Sigh.

6 comments:

Krissy said...

Our c-section is scheduled for Tuesday (39 weeks). The doctor's wouldn't do anything before that, despite our attempts at bribery (what can I say, I took baked goods). We tried raspberry leaf tea, acupressure, walking, etc. etc. etc. to no avail. Hope you guys don't have to wait that long, but our doc's said we are very likely to bring home the twins without ever stepping foot in the NICU...that is my hope for you too! Good luck and hang in there!

Kris said...

Today would be a GREAT day for the girls to be born! =)(OK, so I am a LITTLE biased...)

Stacie said...

39w2d. Not to scare you or anything. Well, actually, yes, to scare you, but both babies were over 6 pounds and neither needed the NICU, so it was all to the good.

Stacie said...

Read and recognize your own suffering:

[i]False labor. Last night. All night.

i had hours of evenly spaced contractions, and not the little “Oh looky, a contraction” kind of contraction, but the gasping in pain clutching the arm of your chair using the breathing exercises to get through them contractions. Every 3 minutes. Until about 4:30 AM when I finally decided that if I were going to be miserable I might as well be miserable in bed. I managed to get some sleep, and, when I woke up, like magic, the contractions were all gone.[/i]

http://twinkies.bastetweb.com/2006/06/24/httpct-twinsblogspotcom20060637-weeks-3-days/

I'm so glad that's over for me. Kate, I promise, you won't be pregnant forever. Once this is over, you get to go through three months of sleep deprivation hell, though you probably remember that from Jayden. Mercifully, I was ignorant of what was coming.

Stacie said...

And here I used BB code instead of HTML. Oh well. I've been drinking.

Dave said...

The best way to guarantee that your wife will go into labor and have the babies is to schedule something important that the both of you want to attend (like an expensive show or trip up to the mountains). Sure as heck, the little darlings will notice that they are suddenly not in control of your lives and will do everything possible to mess up your special day together. Guaranteed to work.