Thursday, August 03, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things

• Favorite music to listen to while playing poker: Hair Nation on Sirius.
• Favorite hand: JJ.
I know AA should be, but I've had much better luck with these bad boys. They may be a little gay: They like each other and always seem to show up on the flop when I have a pair of these Brokeback lovers in my hand.
• Least favorite hand: QQ. Hard to fold but a lot seems to beat it; at least, it always seems that way when I hold these bitches.
• Favorite poker snack: Queso. With chips. Although near the end of the night my finger works too.
• Favorite poker drink: Mike's Hard Lemonade. No, you bastard, these are NOT wine coolers.
• Favorite poker munchie: Lemonheads. If you time it just right, you get a tiny squirt of lemon sour stuff when you bite into them. There's probably a metaphor there but I don't want to get into it.
• Favorite poker activity besides playing poker while playing poker: Screwing around on the Internet, including reading climbing forums, blogs and other newspapers.
• Favorite thing to do besides playing poker that doesn't involve the family: My name is pokerpeaker. So climbing peaks.
• Favorite TV show, all time: The Simpsons.
• Favorite TV show, current: Poker, as sad as that sounds.
• Favorite poker show: High Stakes Poker, although I do love the WSOP coverage as well.
• Favorite player: I don't really have one. There are dozens I like and admire.
• Favorite author: Stephen King. There are many other writers I admire, probably more than King, actually, but King always is a good read.
• Favorite poker author: James McManus wrote the best read, "Positively Fifth Street," but Dan Harrington wrote the best books. They helped me with my cash game a great deal, too, even if he wrote for tournaments.
• Movie I can't wait to see: "Snakes on a Plane"
• Favorite movie: "Star Wars." Duh.
• Favorite poker movie: "Rounders." Double duh.

Movie of the week: "Brokeback Mountain." You have to see this movie. Yes, I realize the love scenes aren't as fun to watch as, say, girl on girl with a bottle of honey, but the acting and directing is some of the finest you'll ever see.
Song of the week: "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It) by Cobra Starship. Loud. Obnoxious. Cheesy. Perfect.

No comments: