Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's on

So I'm mowing the lawn and Jayden is outside enjoying the backyard, and out of the corner of my eye I see some little yellow blips flying around, and suddenly my toddler is screaming.
Oh, shit.
I run over there.
I can't figure out what's wrong, exactly, until I'm carrying him back to the house and I see a bug on his ear.
It's a yellow jacket.
Jayden, since he's 2, tries to brush it off with his little hands, and it stings him on the ear.
Oh. You. BASTARD.
It winds up, in fact, that the jackets stung him seven times. One on the thigh, three on the back of his leg, once on the ear, a couple on his arm.
He's 2.
I take one look at his stings. I then get the wasp spray and head over to the nest.
Of course, you realize, this means war.
The "nest" of course is located deep in a log, which is why I didn't see it before. I spray enough in there to make them extinct, not just wipe out a nest. I revel in them squirming around. I wait by the nest and when another comes, I shoot them down, too, Aces High style.
So.
If you need a wasp killed, you know where to go.
I'm your Charles Bronson.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Poor guy! I have a rather irrational fear of bees- and get especially freaky whenever one is around Brody- so I'm quite sure you handled it a million times better than I would have... which proably would have included screaming and tears and begging for mommy. Not to mention Brody's response.

Hopefully I'll know in about 2 weeks if we have been blessed/cursed with more than one! =)

Gydyon said...

Destroy!