Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Am I the only one who enjoys play money?

OK, I am not rich, I have a newborn, and I'm still trying to learn how to play at an advanced level, so despite winning or cashing many $5 + .50 SnG shorthandeds, I have to take a month off so I can put another $25 in next month.
In the meantime, I'm working on building my play money bankroll on Pokerroom.com.
So am I just lame for playing play money and taking it seriously, or as seriously as I can? The only difference between my play is I call more all-ins, and with weaker hands, than I would in a real-money tournament.
I believe, for the most part, play money play is fairly strong, especially at the highest level table, where I play. But here are some questions:
• Does playing for play money actually hurt your game, given that others may not take it seriously and are willing to call huge bets with much weaker hands?
• Are there almost as many idiots playing for low level real money than there are people playing for playing at the highest tables? (I would say yes to this question, but I'm curious what others say).
• Can you learn playing play money, and what can you learn? You can't learn how to bluff, for instance, because most people won't fold with play money. And you can't learn how to bet someone off, for the same problem. But aren't these problems with inexperienced players and not necessarily play money? I seem to have the same problems in my weekly ring game with friends of all different levels.
Anyway, regardless of what people say, I love my play money bankroll and I'm looking forward to the day I hit $1 million. I'm at $750,000 right now and have been a member since late April. And see you at the suckouts.

7 comments:

lokokid said...

I just wanna honestly say that mostly pages here are crap but you have something i like Good content I have a site to Pretty cool have a look if you got some time Based business home opportunit work

tysurfer said...

Hi, I found your blog here to be very interesting so I told a couple friends. I think it's great and quite interesting so I bookmarked it. Hope you don't mind...
(Anyone on this blog should post a comment and come back often!)
I also have a site if you or anyone is interested in free French Kissing Tips or great How to Kiss info. It's a very useful kissing resource if you're into romance and dating.
Great work on this blog here, and keep up the good work!

Tyler - to check out my site click sexy kissing

Swingin80 said...

Cool blog you have. I have a work from home no fee related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is work from home no fee

mwcart said...

Hey, I saw your blog and thought it was great. I thought you might want to look at some great Affiliate Business Program Small
. There's a lot of buzz about the new Affiliate Business Program Small
and maybe some of your readers will want to know. Best wishes to you.

Freddies Blog said...

Last month I made $12,124 with Google Adsense...Click
here for free on how you can do the same!

xrayrob said...

Check out euro dollar conversion

Scott A. Edwards said...

Hello my dear internet friends! I have some very exiting news. A lot of you know me pretty well now and have helped me a lot. I sincerely appreciate you and I want to do the same for you. Please take a moment to check out this excellent opportunity. I am so very proud to be a part of this business, I just don't have the space I need here to fully express my gratitude and I know you will feel the same way I do. You can even try it out at no charge. Take some time to explore and learn what could be one of the most significant aspects in your life. You will not be wasting your time and I will be honored for you to be my guest. You will love this... Please give me a chance to prove it to you. Click here: making money using the internet It elegantly covers making money using the internet related ideas and FREE information. Sincerely, Scott.